Monday, April 25, 2011

Graduate from college: CHECK!

Remember my Bucket List? One of the things on that list was graduate from college. And ta-dah! I graduated last Friday from Weber State University. I got a Bachelor's of Science degree. I majored in English and minored in Psychology. You see those purple and white cords I'm wearing? Those are honor cords. I graduated Manga Cum Laude (there's Suma Cum Laude meaning a GPA of 3.9 or higher for the goodie-two-shoes, then Magna Cum Laude meaing a GPA of 3.8 or higher for the semi-goodie-two-shoes, then Cum Laude which is 3.6 or higher for the below average goodie-two-shoes, just fyi).
It was a good day. I had to get up early to go to Commencement. Governor Mike Leavitt spoke and his speech was great. Pretty much exactly what I needed to hear. It was about making decisions. After commencement I went with my mom to Costco (weird I know haha) then we got lunch at Jimmy Johns and a cinnamon roll from Great Harvest. Yum!
At 2 I went to Convocation, which was just with my college-the college of arts and humanities. I'm not going to lie, as I walked across the stage with all the other graduates and I heard all the people yelling and screaming (even though I know most of them weren't screaming and clapping for me) it just felt pretty amazing. I think I'd like to become a rock star so I could have people cheer for me every day like that haha.
I was glad I got to see one of my absolute favorite teachers at convocation, Dr. Hogge. I wish I could have seen some of my other favorites, but at least I got to see him. Graduating from college makes you a very serious and responsible person. . .
This is me saying, "What the heck am I supposed to do with this?" hahahahaha as I am still a bit undecided about what to do with my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment